Coming up in September
September is here!
It’s that time of year again. School is starting ( or has already started for some of us ) and we are all in a hectic panic to get schedules organized, supplies in line, and clothing that actually fits. This is one of those times during the year where we can get overly stressed and believe it or not, our kids recognize this. It can make them nervous, prone to act out, or even to become introverted. But all those can be avoidable…by reading A Carton of Milk! All throughout this month we will be sharing some our best strategies and routines for making the beginning of the school year easy and stress free. Believe us, it really can be a calm part of the year. Busy but still calm. You need plan and organize yourself and the kids and try and leave as little to the last minute as possible. I know it sounds ridiculous, but travel this month along with us, and you’ll see how it can actually be easy!
Throughout this month we will provide you with:
- best practices on developing routines
- how to get organized for lunches and dinners
- ways to talk to your kids about after school activities
- ideas for how to share your schools specific expectations with your children
- our favorite beginning of schools books to read together
- how to talk about making new friends
- why it’s important to ask specific as opposed to general questions about your child’s day
We hope you will learn alongside us this month and that our ideas and thoughts will help you through the beginning of school.